Wheelchairs are not only an important tool for rehabilitation exercises for the elderly, disabled and other people, but also a mobility tool for their daily lives, and have a very positive significance in helping them regain hope and shaping their positive attitudes. So exactly what types of wheelchairs are there? How do wheelchairs need to be maintained? Let Tebang wheelchair factory to explain it to you one by one!
What types of wheelchairs are there?
1. Electric wheelchair
There are different specifications for adults or children to use respectively. In order to meet the needs of people with different degrees of disability, electric wheelchairs have a variety of different control methods, the hand or forearm function has a part of the survivors, you can choose the hand or forearm to operate the electric wheelchair. The electric knob or rocker of this wheelchair is very sensitive and can be operated with a slight contact of the fingers or forearm. For patients with complete loss of hand and forearm function, there are electric wheelchairs that can be operated with the lower jaw.
2. Other special wheelchairs
For the specific needs of patients with certain disabilities, there are a variety of special wheelchairs. Such as unilateral passive wheelchair, special wheelchair for toilet, some wheelchairs with lifting device, etc.
3. Folding wheelchair
The frame can be folded, so it is easy to carry and transport. This is one of the more widely used at home and abroad. According to different chair width and wheelchair height, can be used for adults, teenagers and children, but also some according to the wheelchair can be replaced with a larger seat back and backrest to adapt to the needs of children growing. Folding wheelchairs have removable armrests or footrests.
4. Lying wheelchair
The backrest can be tilted backwards from vertical to horizontal position. The footrest can also freely change the angle.
5. Sports wheelchair
A special wheelchair designed for competition. It is light in weight and can run faster in outdoor applications. In order to reduce weight, in addition to the use of high-strength lightweight materials (such as aluminum), some sports wheelchairs can not only remove the armrests and footrests, but also remove the handle part of the backrest.
6. Manual wheelchair
This is a wheelchair pushed by others. This kind of wheelchair can be used before and after the same diameter of small wheels to reduce the cost and weight, the armrests can be fixed, open or folding type, push wheelchair is mainly used as a nursing chair.
- First of all, we must fully understand this equipment, how to use, the function of the buttons everywhere, do not appear to buy something, the critical moment can not be flexible, especially how to start and how to quickly stop, when encountering unexpected things can play a key role.
- Keep the body clean put in a dry and ventilated place to prevent rusting of accessories.
- wheelchair before use and within a month, should check whether the bolts are loose, if loose, to tighten in time. In normal use, check every three months to ensure that all parts are good, check the various firm nuts on the wheelchair (especially the rear axle fixing nuts), if found loose, need to be adjusted and tightened in time.
- Regularly check the use of tires, timely maintenance of rotating parts, and regular refilling of a small amount of lubricant.
- When going out inevitably get muddy, or wet by the rain, pay attention to timely cleaning and wipe the mud, and coated with anti-rust wax, rain is too acidic, mud if not cleaned in time and easy to rust wheelchair, at least visually affect its beauty.
- Tires to maintain adequate air pressure, can not be in contact with oil, acidic substances to prevent deterioration.
- Chair car seat frame connection bolts for loose coupling, strictly forbidden to screw tight.
- In the electric wheelchair car to develop the habit of using that is charged, is the battery power to keep full. Prohibit the loss of power storage; if you do not use the electric wheelchair for a long time, the loss of power storage will seriously affect the service life, and the longer the idle time, the more serious the battery damage. The idle electric wheelchair should develop the habit of charging regularly. Make the battery in a “full state” for a long time. And avoid rain! Take it lightly and so on.
- Always check the flexibility of the movable and rotating structure, and apply lubricant. If, for some reason, the axle of the wheel needs to be removed, make sure that the nut is tightened and not loosened when reinstalling it.
1 thought on “What are the types of wheelchairs, how to maintain the wheelchair?”
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.